Monday, July 19, 2010

Welcome to Deloitte!!!!

So finally I could find some time to write about my whole journey from home to welcoming at Deloitte.
I left my home early morning on 21st June. Me and my whole family except my younger brother whom I missed so badly throughout the way came to drop me. While going to Ahmedabad we all stayed at “Mahudi” for a while,a famous religious place in Gujarat.This place specially belongs to “Jains” but I have always found all kinds of people coming over here. Then we headed towards Ahmedabad again.I had to collect some documents from my college,so went to college.As I entered the head ofiice of the student section even the smell of the wood was making me feel that I am going far away from something very close to me.Looking at the empty Canteen gate and the empty banches was hurting me..I had never thought that it would feel so bad during the initial days of my college but as the years passed,I made my evergreen,awesome friends I had started building up that fear and finally I was there facing that awkward change..Throughout the corridor I was imagining my friends and thinking that we are never gonna come back to that same place together..That feeling still pinches me,and believe me it's not so easy to stay with that..

After that work we went to take some food and at last to the airport,the place,from where my new journey was going to start in few hours.So after those few touchy and sensitive last moments with my family I checked in.It was my first flight.I was very excited for that above everything else.
Then in Hyderabad the Deloitte Guest room facility was already there for new Hires for next two weeks.That was the golden time I spent over there.It was a four star hotel and apart from it’s food everything else was wondering.So guys who are joining Deloitte, be ready for a good welcome.
The very first and the next two more days were regarding the Deloitte policies,rules(as such nothing new in this section),the technical guidance,case studies and yeah the most important thing networking was there. You are supposed to greet everybody if you want to learn how to network but in a formal way.But the best thing of the first day was that they gave us our new laptops…..During those days of orientation I had a funny moment too.As everybody was supposed to be there in the room on time after the lunch break(7* food….  ),I mistakenly got late and then I had to pay it’s price.I sang “Papa Kehte hai… ” song as a punishment but then I took it positively because it was a chance to build up your confidence among all in a new place…So guys be a bit late if you want some publicity stunts for free…haha..!!

During those days at Ivory Sands…(my guest house’s name) I had started building up a strong bond with many people. We were not formal to each other at all and used to talk till late night about our families,movies,college and such stuff. And somehow slowly a small circle started building up and I am staying with them only most of the time. So again an advice,please take advantage of Deloitte accommodation and be open to all.
Then in next week I could get chance to visit actual Deloitte office. There are total five blocks, A,B,C,D and E.E block is a newly built and it’s around 7-10kms (not sure) form the other four blocks.Every block has got something special in it.
The most visited block is D block by not only me but everyone else because there is the place where you have got the cafeteria, having food at reasonable prices with WI-FI,So anytime you can go there to download your important stuff provided you have enough time… :P :P

That’s it regarding Welcome 2 Deloitte.I’ve luckily got the service line in which I had wanted to work.It’s System Integration with Java platform.The training is towards it’s end and from 20th July I hope we’ll be ready to hit the floor. Looking ahead for the toughest challenge…!!

6 comments:

  1. Forget Deloitte..The first para of this entry reminds me of our college corridors..I can still see those wonderful people standing there..I can still feel her standing there.. I can still feel him waiting for me to come out and say "Proxy ho gayi" . Some of ur word really reminded me of those good bad ugly old days..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoda zikr apne Ivory Sands mates ka bhi kar deti to ekdum "godly" ho jaata yeh post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shake : I guess 6th Para was there for people like you only...But okay,I will name my best mates from Ivory Sands..They are.. Pallavi,Akanksha,Maumita...Sid,Khare ji...and last but not the least You Mr. Shake!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cnat say more at this moment (speechless)..... ":)"

    ReplyDelete
  5. can we take the guest house facility if we are staying in the same city

    ReplyDelete
  6. No. It is only for those who are coming from other cities. However if you have a logical reason to this ask, please seek advice of your recruiting manager/ buddy or HR representative.

    ReplyDelete